Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Sissy

Just a few more days & I will see my Sissy. My last talk with her left me broken hearted. She was groggy, like she had been drugged when I first got a hold of her..but, she recognized me & we chatted a little. Then I told her I was coming out to visit & she went to pieces..crying, begging me to hurry, she was so lonely, I just couldn't understand what it was like to be in that place. I scared me at first, thinking that I had really messed things up..got her all upset..but then talked to her for a bit & she calmed down.  I later got a hold of my niece, Judy, the next morning..she told me that Sis was a little difficult to handle & that they were having to drug her a little to keep her calmed down. She really needed one on one supervision & they weren't staffed for that.  BUT, Judy's sister, Jennifer who is a home sitter was/had moved to Los Banos & they were moving Sis to her place that weekend..whew. That will be better...I hope.  But  now worry about the girls..that is a huge responsibility & could be very hard to watch & be a part of.

So, next week should be a mixture of joy & sorrow. It will be nice to visit with my old work buddies again at the W&B Reunion. Hopefully Sis will be in a better frame of mind. I find out before I get there what to anticipate when I arrive.

As the time grows nearer I think Bob & I have made a big mistake by not taking out insurance for home care. I am sure at this stage of the game is it pretty expensive. We know someone that has his wife in a nursing home & has had to go back to work to be able to keep her there. If it was Bob going into one there is not job I could get that would allow me that type of money.  Man, hindsight is ugly....






No comments:

Post a Comment