Monday, July 16, 2012

Sissy Update....

Have we entered another level? How many more do we have?

 My beautiful Sissy had to have an emergency operation a couple of months ago. She went into rehab, to get her back on her feet after the infection cleared up. I am not sure how well this was for her mind.

When I talked to her last week she informed me she was reading in bed, at home, doing well. I was surprised as I had NOT been told she had left rehab.  I talked about how hot it was here in Louisiana, getting all errands ran in the mornings so we could stay inside in the afternoon,blah blah blah. We laughed & talked some more & then, for some reason I felt I needed to say this...so, you are enjoying being home again.. her reply.. Oh yes, BUT you know how it is here in Louisiana, so hot & humid that we have to stay inside in the afternoons... OK, red flag!! she is in California.  After getting a hold of Judy I find she is still in the rehab center. Could/should be doing much more than she is but is enjoying the pampering she is getting there..oh, how sly. Do I laugh, or cry?

I laugh. in the beginning I would hear a lot of  'my life has not turned out the way I wanted, but, I make the best of what I have. It could be worse..'  I don't hear that anymore. I feel that is a good sign. She no longer remembers that her life isn't what she had planned...and, if she has to stay inside in the afternoons because of the Louisiana heat & humidity...so be it. So do I!!!

Everytime I call, I pray before that when I say..hello Sissy, just calling to see how you are doing...that I get back the same reply... hello baby, so good to hear your voice...  the day that doesn't happen, that she doesn't know who I am, then, I will cry.

No comments:

Post a Comment